Oily skin comes with many skincare concerns, and you will need to find the best sunscreens for oily skin. However, you will not apply any beauty product you come across. As much as most people get oily skin hereditary, it might also be caused by stress, diet, weather conditions, or hormones. These causes explain why you will not apply any skincare product to oily skin.
If you make a mistake and the products cause severe reactions, it may turn chaotic. For example, most people with oily skin develop severe acne or painful pimples upon using the wrong product. In addition, sunscreen helps protect people with oily skin and other skin types from adverse sun radiation.
If you find the best sunscreens for oily skin, it makes all the difference. However, since oily skin requires a unique line of makeup and skincare products, you will need to take caution while buying skincare products.
Dermatologists prefer that you go for dermatology-tested skincare products if you have oily skin. This article goes into detail to help you find the best sunscreens for oily skin on the market. You will enjoy knowing that as the sunscreen keeps your skin safe from UVA and UVB rays, it also takes care of your oily skin condition.
1. Paula’s Choice Face & Body Sunscreen
This sunscreen suits people of all skin types. It suits oily skin types because it will help eliminate excess oil that causes most acne conditions. It gives a smooth and matte finish while guaranteeing protection from a broad spectrum of UV radiation. It also enriches your skin with the best antioxidants hence preventing skin aging.
- Easy to apply
- Offers protection against UVA and UVB protection
- Boost the skin’s antioxidant qualities
- Sweat and water-resistant
2. Biossance Squalane Sunscreen
Biossance Squalane protects sensitive, oily skin from UV radiation. Oily skin fits the sensitive category since it gets irritated by most skincare products. If you take care of sensitivity by using the best products, you stand a chance to enjoy acne and pimple-free face. This sunscreen will protect your skin while making it possible to travel with and use it anywhere.
- Lightweight and travel-friendly
- It protects the skin against the widest UV spectrum
- Has an SPF of 30
- Contains zinc
- Hydrates the skin
- Penetrates deep into the skin
- Comes made of safe skin ingredients
3. EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen
With an SPF of 46, EltaMD facial sunscreen gives maximum UV radiation protection. This broad-spectrum guarantees you the results you have looked for. It suits acne and sensitive-prone oily skin. In addition, the mineral-based zinc oxide formula will help hydrate and nourish the skin.
- Protects against a wide spectrum of UV rays
- Contains zinc oxide
4. DIFFERIN Sunscreen
Do you need sunscreen to help absorb excess oil from your skin while keeping it safe from the damaging sun rays? Worry no more because DIFFERIN sunscreen gets you covered. It absorbs any extra oil from your face leaving you looking and feeling marvelous.
- Hydrates the skin
- Protects your skin from harmful sun rays
- Uses micropearl technology hence guarantees amazing results
- Developed with dermatologists’ approval for people with oily skin
- You may use this product with DIFFERIN gel for better results
5. Cetaphil Mineral Liquid Sunscreen
Oily skin comes with all matters of sensitivity. Cetaphil mineral liquid sunscreen has a wide SPF spectrum and will cater to these sensitivities. Therefore, most dermatologists will recommend using this sunscreen to protect people with oily skin.
- It protects your delicate skin from harmful sun rays
- Keeps the skin hydrated
- Does not irritate the skin
- Prevents flare-ups
6. Two Peas Organic Sunscreen
If you find organic skincare products, then you find a good thing. Two Peas guarantee your skin protection from the sun’s harmful rays. It contains no chemicals but minerals that help achieve smooth facial skin with an even tone all day long.
- Organic and contains no minerals
- It contains skin-friendly natural ingredients
- Keeps your skin sheltered from the harmful rays of the sun
- It helps keep the skin hydrated
- Prevents sunburns and skin damage
- Contains zero fragrances and chemicals
- It contains important skin minerals
7. Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Sunscreen
Do you need sunscreen for your oily, acne-prone skin? If so, Neutrogena brings you the ultimate product. It has an SPF of 30 and guarantees a gentle touch to your skin. It also keeps away a broad UV rays spectrum from your skin, ensuring an even-toned skin.
- The sunscreen comes oil-free
- It absorbs excess oil from your skin
- It gives a smooth acne-free facial skin
- It has dermatologists’ approval
- Fragrance-free and so suits everybody
- It comes formulated in Helioplex technology
8. Blue Lizard
How sensitive is your oily skin? If you feel it’s on the high end, Blue lizard sunscreen will help you make the sunscreen choice. It will guarantee you zero flare-ups, irritations, or acne emergence. The hydrating hyaluronic acids work to retain the skin’s moisture and give you smooth skin results. In addition, with an SPF of 30+, you don’t have to worry about the effects of UVA and UVB sun rays.
- Contains hydrating hyaluronic acid
- Keeps your skin evenly toned
- It keeps away harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Lightweight and doesn’t clog pores
- Most dermatologists recommend its use by people with oily, sensitive skin
- Paraben and fragrance-free
- Contains natural antioxidants to slow down the aging process
9. DRMTLGY Anti-aging Sunscreen
You will love that this sunscreen protects your skin against harmful rays and gives anti-aging benefits. In addition, it improves the skin’s appearance with its hyaluronic and Niacinamide ingredients. DRMTLGY serves people of all skin types; hence very ideal for oily skin types. The more diverse a product proves when it comes to skincare, the more gentle it will prove to your skin.
- Ideal for all skin types
- Contains anti-aging properties
- It has skin-friendly ingredients
- Keeps harmful UV rays from hurting your skin
- Satisfactory guaranteed
- It offers vale four of your money
10. Innisfree Daily UV Defense Sunscreen
Innisfree sunscreen provides invisible protection against UV radiation with an SPF of over 36. It also smoothens and hydrates the skin adding to your glow. In addition, it guarantees a balance between skin dryness and excess skin oil. The sunscreen will hydrate the skin to prevent excessive dryness while absorbing extra oil for oily skin types.
- Keeps the skin surface safe from UVB and UVA rays
- This product has gentle qualities to suit all skin types
- Avoids excessive dryness
- Avoids oil accumulation in the skin
- It lowers the chances of pore-clogging
- Lightweight sunscreen cream
11. Play Sunscreen Lotion
This sunscreen lotion will answer all your skin’s sunscreen needs. You will not have to use different lotion and sunscreen products. Play from Supergoop doubles as a skin lotion and sunscreen. It absorbs excess oil produced by oily skin to keep your skin flare-ups free.
- You may use it for the whole family since it has a broad usage spectrum by people of various skin types.
- It contains skin-friendly ingredients
- Hydrates the skin
- Absorbs excess oil quickly to give a grease-free feel
- Sweat and water-resistant
- It comes with an SPF of 50 to guarantee maximum protection from the broad UV spectrum.
12. Shiseido sunscreen lotion
When performing our skincare routine, we normally wear sunscreen before applying makeup. You have to have used your moisturizing lotion before applying sunscreen. It may prove not easy to carry all these products if you travel a lot. Shiseido sunscreen lotion combines your moisturizing lotion with your sunscreen. Since it comes with unique qualities and serves a broad spectrum of skin types, you will carry one for the whole family.
- It has a high SPF value
- Serves as both lotion and sunscreen
- It contains skin-friendly ingredients
- It doesn’t contain Oxybenzone
- Water, heat, and sweat resistant
13. Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen
As the name goes, this product will provide unseen protection against harmful rays from the sun. In addition, it will give you a natural oil-free finish without flare-ups. It also serves to grip makeup and give you a long-lasting makeup look.
- It absorbs excess oil from the skin
- It sorts out fine lines and wrinkles
- It contains a 40+ SPF
- Unclogs pores
- It keeps your skin tone even
- Prevents skin dullness
14. Clinique Super Defense Sunscreen
It would be best to have the super defense against harmful sun rays to oily skin. Clinique provides this defense to guarantee healthy, young-looking skin. It also catches and corrects early signs of aging, and you will remain younger and more beautiful.
- Long-lasting with up to 12 hours of protection from UVA and UVB rays
- It comes from the best skincare technology
- It equips the skin with antioxidants to fight against aging
- Contains skin-friendly ingredients
- Free from allergens
- Approved by most dermatologists for use on oily skin
15. Block Star Invisible Sunscreen
The perfect sunscreen will prevent you from having a shiny skin appearance and clogged pores. Block star guarantees you these outcomes, and it will also prevent harmful UV from the sun from penetrating your skin. In addition, it blends easily with your makeup and has anti-aging properties.
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Has no chemicals
- It doesn’t lead to irritations
- The antioxidant ingredients boost the skin’s youthfulness.
- Doesn’t lead to a greasy sheen
What to Look for When Buying Sunscreens
For effective UV radiation prevention, the perfect sunscreen has to contain an SPF value above 30. You should also check and ensure that the sunscreen suits your skin type requirements.
Lotion-based sunscreens also make great sunscreen products. Water resistance should make another factor in making a good sunscreen.
A good sunscreen should also last longer. A period of up to 12 hours gives ideal time coverage.
What is the Right Method to Apply Sunscreen?
- Cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin accordingly
- Apply sunscreen to your palms
- Evenly distribute the sunscreen on your face before wearing makeup
- You should apply it before exposure to the sun
Protecting your skin from harmful UV radiation before sun exposure makes the best skincare move. These sunscreen products will keep your oily skin protected, hydrated, and looking youthful. If you find your perfect match, let’s know about your experience. We commit to bringing great products for your skin to glow and guarantee your everyday beauty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is SPF 30 0r 50 better?
SPF 30 protects you against up to 97 % of UV radiation, while 50 protects against 98 %. Both SPF will be good for your sunscreen protection.
What makes a good sunscreen?
The ingredients in sunscreen products dictate the effectiveness of those sunscreens. So it would be best if you look for ingredients like avobenzone, Oxybenzone, ecamsule, titanium dioxide, or zinc oxide.
What level of sunscreen is best?
SPF levels above 30 guarantees that you have the best sunscreen product.